As much as I love travelling, I HATE PACKING!
I hate it even more when there’s only a hand luggage allowance so I have to try and fit everything into a tiny suitcase!
I wish I was one of those ‘chuck four outfits’ in and be done kinda people but I am the complete opposite! I always convince myself that I need a few more things just in case -which end up resulting in an overflowing suitcase and a very stressed Zayna.
I got one person telling me to roll my clothes, the other to lay them as flat as possible and tbh I just feel like chucking everything in and zipping it up!
I don’t actually do this because that would be really stupid!
My suitcase is the standard cabin size from Primark.
My last few holidays have been winter breaks (I’m talking -9 in Budapest 😩) so extra layers have been a must!
I need a damn packing strategy but I don’t have one so this is how the process goes…
- I start with laying everything out – outfits, pyjamas, shoes, toiletries and a couple of extra things (this always ends up being clothes).
- Shoes, jeans and toiletries take up the most space so I pack those first. (Tip: It’s a given that before any holiday, I’ll have ordered a few things online so I wrap my shoes in those plastic bags to keep them away from clothes and I’m desi so it’s better than using a 5p bag for dirty shoes haha yes I’m a cheapskate 😂😂)
- I add in my makeup, dresses, skirts and pyjamas as they’re relatively small and can be stuffed in smaller places.
- I look at my suitcase and get stressed as there’s no room and still like 10 things to pack.
- Sooooooo I take everything out and start again😭
- Everything gets folded really small and I think yes it’s finally going to fit.
- Then I realise I forgot something ffs!! Stuff that in and keep going!!
- Congratulate myself on making progress and having my suitcase fully packed and ready 😊 (it may or may not take more than three attempts to get here!)
- Second-guess my outfits and think maybe I should’ve taken something else 🤦🏾♀️
- Put liquids into a clear bag and pack my backpack.
- Contemplate how many things I can realistically hold in my hand and if I need that extra scarf (yes I do need it!)
Haha writing it out makes me sound completely absurd but this is literally what happens EVERY TIME I pack!! Help a girl out and let me know how to make this easier please!
AND THIS ALL HAPPENS AGAIN THREE DAYS LATER WHEN I’M PACKING TO COME HOME! ARGHHHHH!!
(All gifs from Giphy)